The PAA Corporate Cup offers a one of a kind, televised, bass tournament format where professional anglers compete with corporate sponsor partners on corporate namesake teams in friendly competition. Teams will consist of a four man team comprised of a maximum of two PRO members of PAA and a minimum of one TOUR level PAA member with the remainder of the team made up of PAA GENERAL level members.
A PRO member consists of an ADVANTAGE or TOUR level member of PAA. An ADVANTAGE member is defined as any individual that has fished one or more FLW STREN, BASS OPEN, WON BASS, US OPEN, or WOMENS BASSMASTER event since January of 2008. A TOUR member is defined as any individual that currently fishes the FLW TOUR, FLW SERIES, BASS ELITES or a minimum of one BASS PRO SHOPS PAA TOURNAMENT SERIES events. The PRO members of each team will operate the boat for each team while on the water during competition days. All four anglers will be working together as a team during competition.
· The full field will compete in two days of competition consisting of two consecutive 8-hour days (Thursday, June 3rd & Friday, June 4th)
· On the third day the field will be cut to the Top 5 teams (Saturday, June 5th)
· 60 Teams maximum, teams signed up in order of registration
· Fishery: Pickwick Lake
· Locking to Wilson only will be allowed. Bay Springs also will be allowed to fish.
· Teams will be allowed to communicate via cell phone or two-way radio during practice days and the event. Only communication with team members will be allowed during competition days.
· No buying or bartering of information rule starts on May 3, 2010 (balance due date).
· Official Practice days are Tuesday, June 1, 2010 and Wednesday, June 2, 2010.
· Registration for the event will be held on Wednesday, June 2, 2010 – 4:00 to 5:30 PM at the Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa – Atrium
· All four members of the team will fish in two separate boats for eight hours of fishing per competition day. Each boat will consist of one PRO member and one General member with the PRO members of each team operating the boat while on the water during competition days.
· Each boat is allowed to bring in a maximum of 5 total fish to the scales for a total of 10 fish per day, per team.
· After the boats have checked in at the end of each day, each angler will verify and sign their weigh tickets.
· Weights will be tallied in pounds and ounces. Weights will be cumulative over all three days.
SILENT AUCTION BENEFIT BANQUET
· Friday, June 4, 2010
· Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa – Atrium & Ballroom
· Silent Auction fundraiser and banquet open to any PAA member participating in the PAA Corporate Cup fishing tournament or ticket holders.
· A keynote speaker will highlight the banquet. Speaker TBA.
· Tickets will be sold to the general public at $100 per person (angler family members are $65 per person) starting on March 1, 2010. Tickets will be sold in the order they are purchased. A limited amount of general public tickets will be sold.
· Ticket holders will be allowed to participate and bid on all auction items as well as partake in a dinner banquet where the auction items will be distributed to the highest bidders.
· Auction items will consist of autographed fishing memorabilia, Pro guided fishing trips throughout the USA, industry specific items, angler jerseys, and much more!
*Payout based on 50 teams
2010 Registration Schedule
February 1, 2010
Priority Registration Open to all participants and companies that participated in the 2008 PAA Corporate Cup.
February 15, 2010
Registration Open to all companies and TOUR and ADVANTAGE level PAA members
Participation Fee $2,500 per team ($750 deposit)
Registration begins at 8:30am Central Time on the designated days.
All team entries will be accepted in the order they are received. Teams signed up in 2009 will still be honored.
Deposit of $750 is due at registration. Balance of $1750 due May 3, 2010.
Participation Fee of $2,500 per team includes $2200 going towards the payout for the event and $300 towards four tickets to the Silent Auction Benefit Banquet on Friday, June 4, 2010 for the team members. All Pro Anglers are required to possess or purchase a current Advantage Level Membership or Tour Level Membership, which can be obtained at registration. All Amateur anglers are required to possess or purchase a current General Level Membership which can be obtained at registration.
All members of each team must be a PAA member. Membership rates for one year are as follows (multi-year discounts are available):
Tour level Membership $400
Advantage level Membership $150
General level Membership $50
Payout will be determined by number of teams entered. The top 30% of the teams will be paid. See payout sample for details. The payout will increase or decrease proportionally to the field size. In addition to the monetary winnings, the winning team will also receive a complimentary standard size banner on the PAA website for one full year, (1) two-minute editorial piece on the televised program of the event and a Corporate Cup Trophy that can be displayed at their company in recognition of their achievement.
NOTE: Company winnings can be distributed at the company’s discretion. If the winnings are donated to a charity, PAA will provide a press release and website publicity to recognize the donation. Complimentary standard size banner on the PAA website should be furnished by the winning company.
Event will be televised. Dates and networks TBA.
*PAA Membership can be obtained at www.fishpaa.com or by contacting the PAA office at 270.527.2030.
The contents of this e-mail and any attachments to it may contain confidential and/or legally priviledged information. This information is only for use by the intended receipient. If you are not the intended receipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or taking action based upon the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If this e-mail was received in error, please notify the sender and return the document immediately. Thank you for your attention to this matter.