Take a look at the topwater set up MLF Pro Jared Lintner picks up when the bite is hot! Having the right gear for the job is important
Tips for finding topwater success
When it comes to topwater fishing, it’s an entirely different ball game. Topwater fishing is different from conventional fishing techniques, and it requires a specific set of skills and knowledge to become successful. In this blog post, we will discuss some top tips and techniques for topwater fishing that will help you increase your chances of making a catch and making your fishing experience more enjoyable.
1. Pay Attention to the Time of Day – One of the most important tips that you need to know for topwater fishing is to pay attention to the time of day when you’re fishing. In general, the best time for topwater fishing is early in the morning or late in the evening when the water is still and calm. During these times, the fish are more likely to be feeding on the surface, making it the perfect time to catch them using topwater lures.
2. Choose the Right Lure – When it comes to lures for topwater fishing, there are several options to choose from. Some of the most popular lures include poppers, walkers, and buzzbaits. Poppers are great for imitating insects, and they create a popping sound that attracts fish. Walkers mimic small fish that swim towards the surface, which is great for catching predator fish like bass. Buzzbaits vibrate and create a disturbance in the water, attracting fish who believe they are feeding.
3. Master the Technique – The key to topwater fishing lies in the technique that you use. One of the most popular techniques is to cast your lure out and wait for the ripples to settle before starting your retrieve. This builds suspense and increases the chances of catching fish as they begin to investigate. Remember to vary your retrieval techniques, trying different speeds and twitches that mimic the natural movement of prey.
4. Use Stealthy Movements – Topwater fishing is all about being stealthy. It’s important to approach the fishing area quietly, avoid making too much noise, and casting your line with precision. Always try to avoid casting your line straight at the fish or causing any disturbance on the surface of the water. Your goal is to mimic the natural movements of prey, so your lure needs to blend in well with the surroundings.
5. Stay Patient – Lastly, always remember that topwater fishing requires patience. Fish may not bite immediately, but with persistence, you’ll be rewarded for your efforts. Even if it seems like nothing is happening, keep trying different lures, techniques, and areas. Sometimes all it takes is a little bit of perseverance, and you’ll be able to catch that big fish you’ve been after.
In conclusion, topwater fishing is an exciting and rewarding way to catch fish, but it requires a specific set of skills and techniques. By paying attention to the time of day, choosing the right lure, mastering the technique, using stealthy movements and staying patient, you can increase your chances of making a catch. Remember that fishing is a hobby that requires practice, but with time and effort, you can become a master of topwater fishing. Happy fishing!
Get all of your tackle here.
Help us reach 15000 subs!
You can follow us here 👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇
Keep up to date with everything going on in the fishing world
Download the BASS 365 LIVE app for free!